Blue Bird Vision Electric
As both pioneer and leader in alternative fuel vehicles, Blue Bird was first to market electric school buses in 1994. With advances in battery technology, we can now offer efficient and affordable electric-powered buses. The reliable drivetrain system in the Vision Electric follows in the long-standing tradition of Blue Bird quality.
The Vision Electric bus features:
- Exceptional driver-forward visibility
- Unique mirror systems - improving driver awareness and increasing child safety
With advances in battery technology, Blue Bird can now offer efficient and affordable electric-powered buses. The reliable drivetrain systems offered in our Blue Bird Vision, All American RE and Micro Bird G5 buses follow the long-standing tradition of Blue Bird quality.
- There are hundreds of thousands in grant incentives for Electric school buses, which could help to make purchase acquisition more affordable.
- Low Maintenance Costs - less parts means less maintenance. Because there is no need for engine oil changes, and no transmission or engine to maintain, Blue Bird’s electric buses have a lower cost of maintenance than a traditional, combustion-fueled bus.
- Our Electric buses have excellent temperature Control, delivering great performance in many weather conditions.
- Blue Bird's Electric buses produce Zero Emissions, which means cleaner air for our children.
- Go Further with up to 120 miles in a single charge. Buses can be charged overnight, obtaining a full charge in 6-8 hours.