Blue Bird Micro Bird CX2
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Multiple fuel options available – Diesel, Gasoline and Propane
- Max Visibility
- Increased Passenger Comfort
- Built to Last Structure
- Reduced Operating and Maintenance Costs
- Enhanced Safety
- Superior Insulation and Quietness
- Proven Body Design
- Ergonomic Drivers Cockpit
- Bonded Windows
- Tilted Panoramic Windows
- Fuel Tank Location
- Zero Maintenance Fasteners
- Reliable Body Electrical
The CT-Series delivers exceptional safety and stability, making this bus an excellent choice for your special needs applications. This bus is ready to be equipped with a variety of options to suit the needs of any passenger.
- ADA-COMPLIANT LIFTS
- Smooth operating, ADA-compliant wheelchair lifts from suppliers including Braun and Ricon are available for any of Blue Bird’s buses.
- KNEELING SYSTEM
- Our optional kneeling system allows the bus to lower the front passenger entry area for easier entry and exiting of passengers.
- WHEELCHAIR SECUREMENT SYSTEMS
- Our Slide N’Click and floor pocket anchorages offer safe and secure transport for special needs passengers.
Diesel Powertrain Specifications
Propane Powertrain Specifications
Gasoline Powertrain Specifications
S-SERIES & SS-Series
FORD – GM
|Exterior length overall||248″ – 254″|
|Exterior width overall||86″|
|Exterior height overall||110″|
|Interior width at hip||82″|
|Interior height at center line||74″|
|Wheelbase||138″ / 139|
|Engine||6,8L Gas / 4,8L – 6,0L Gas|
|GVWR||10,050# – 10,100#|
|Fuel tank||40g – 33g|
- Multiple Paint Colors Available
- Advanced Seating Options
- Destination Sign
- Backup Camera in Rearview Mirror
- Overhead Racks
- Electronic Options Including:
- Reading Lights
- Soft Touch Sensors
- Video System
- Surveillance Cameras
- And much more!
The Blue Bird CX2 Propane features the proven Ford/ROUSH CleanTech powertrain. Blue Bird has produced over 10,000 propane buses, making this an easy, reliable choice for your alternative fuel needs.
- PROVEN TECHNOLOGY
- The performance of the engine relies on the transmission it works with. This is why Blue Bird has chosen to pair the Ford 6.8L engine with the proven 6R140 Ford transmission. This transmission was designed for the Ford 6.8L engine in order to deliver the best ratio of power and fuel economy.
- OVER 57 MILLION MILES DRIVEN
- Blue Bird’s propane-powered buses have traveled over 57,000,000 miles – enough miles to go around the world over 2,300 times! Our buses can go the distance, and are built to last through the rigorous years of passenger transport they endure.
- THE MOST OPTIONS AVAILABLE
- The Blue Bird CX2 Propane is available in all wheelbases, from 169” to 280”. We also offer three tanks sizes to suit your needs: 50 gallons for short wheelbases, 70-gallon standard, and 100-gallon extended range.
- Infrastructure is one of the major obstacles when it comes to going alt-fuels. Fortunately, propane gives you many options for infrastructure, and how to make it affordable. Wet-fueling (on-site fueling) options are available, as well as traditional infrastructure needs with on-site tanks and fueling stations. Many propane providers will work with your company to roll-in the cost of the infrastructure with your price-per-gallon of fuel, among other financing options that make it very feasible to add propane to your existing fleet.
A variety of seat plans and configurations are available, including track seating and special needs options, offering our customers optimal flexibility to meet specific passenger needs.