Blue Bird Vision CNG
With over 25 years of CNG experience, Blue Bird is familiar with not only your infrastructure needs, but also what it takes to make a successful CNG product- and with partners like Ford and ROUSH CleanTech, you can rest assured the Vision CNG bus is an excellent, green choice for your fleet.
The Vision CNG bus features:
- Exceptional driver-forward visibility
- Unique mirror systems - improving driver awareness and increasing child safety
Compressed Natural Gas is a very safe alternative fuel.
Compressed Natural Gas or CNG, is a very safe alternative fuel - both for the environment and the children that ride in our CNG-powered school buses.
CNG costs less than Diesel.
- The gallon equivalent of Compressed Natural Gas costs up to 60 percent less than the cost of a gallon of Diesel fuel. That is a big savings right away!
CNG is better for the environment.
- According to the California Air Resources Board, natural gas can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 20-23 percent when compared with diesel vehicles.
Nearly all of CNG in North America is domestically produced.
- Because it is released from a pressured container as a vapor, propane autogas can’t be ingested like gasoline or alcohol fuels. To put it simply, igniting propane gas in the air calls for very specific things to occur. The mixture of propane/air must contain 2.2 percent to 9.6 percent propane vapor. Any more, or any less than that, and the propane will not ignite. Plus, the source of ignition must reach 940 degrees Fahrenheit. In contrast, gasoline will ignite at only 430 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Blue Bird's CNG buses deliver the same reliable performance and ease of maintenance as our diesel models.
- The quality and expertise of Blue Bird can be seen in our reliable buses, no matter what fuel type you choose. We have built these buses to be easy to maintain and to give you the best performance throughout the life of the vehicle. Plus, natural gas' low carbon content translates into longer oil change intervals, less engine wear and a longer engine life.
CNG stations are opening across the country.
- With the price of foreign oils on the rise, there has been an increase in alternative fuel stations across the country, including CNG stations.
|Capacity||Up to 77||Entrance Door||27" wide x 78" high/double door|
|Exterior Width||96"||Rear Door||37.5" Wide x 52" High|
|Interior Width||90-3/4"||Transmission||Ford 6R140 - 6 speed automatic|
|Aisle Width||Varies by floor plan||Engine||Ford® three-valve 6.8L V10 CNG fuel system, 269 hp|
|Skirt Length||16 1/4", 19 3/4", 25 3/4"||Interior Height||77"|
210, 240, 270 and 320 amps with 12 volts
||Overall Height||122" - 128" excluding roof options|
|Brakes||4-wheel hydraulic disc brakes with 4-channel antilock brake system; Air drum and air disc brakes available||Suspension||Soft ride front leaf spring suspension (Rating varies by capacity); Two-stage steel leaf rear spring suspension system (Rating varies by capacity); Air suspension available|
|Wheelbase||217"/252"/273"/280"||Steering||Tilt & telescoping steering column|
|Overhang||Varies by body length||Front Axle||Front axle (Rating varies by capacity)|
|Fuel Capacity||Varies by tank size/body model||Battery Capacity||2 group 31 batteries, each battery rated at 12v, 700CCA & 185 minutes of reserve capacity|
|Rear Axle||Rear axle with 6.17 hypoid single reduction gears||Wheel Cut||50 Degrees|
|Tire Size||11R22.5 (G) all-position radials||GVWR||Up to 33,000 lbs.|