Virginia Clean School Bus Program
Click Here for Electric Bus Info
DEQ is now accepting applications for battery electric and propane school buses through the Clean School Bus Program. Through a competitive application process, DEQ will award $10 million in this round from the Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Trust for State Beneficiaries to Virginia public schools to cover the price difference between a battery electric bus or a propane bus and equivalent diesel bus, up to $265,000 per electric bus and associated charger and customer-side installation or up to $20,000 per propane bus. A total of $9.25 million is available for battery electric buses and associated chargers, and a total of $750,000 is available for propane buses in this round of funding.
- May 2021 - Application period begins
- May 17, 2021 - Second webinar for potential applicants, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM- register here
- June 25, 2021 - Applications due
- July 2021 - Award recipients notified
NOTE: An eligible applicant may submit one application; an application for battery electric buses or an application for propane buses.
Clean School Bus Program application documents
- Clean School Bus Program Request for Applications
- Battery Electric School Bus Application
- Fleet Data Spreadsheet for Battery Electric School Buses
- Propane School Bus Application
- Fleet Data Spreadsheet for Propane School Buses